Resources for:

Formal Complaint Processing

Back to EEO Complaints

If EEO counseling or the ADR process does not result in a resolution of the issues raised, the employee may file a formal EEO complaint. The formal process must be initiated within 15 days of the termination of the informal process. The EEO counselor will provide a Formal Complaint Form and specific information needed to file. The complainant or a representative, who has been designated in writing, can file the complaint with CSOSA's EEO Office.

If the complaint is accepted, the EEO Office will initiate a full investigation of the issues. The complainant will receive a copy of the investigative report and may then request an agency decision on the merits of the case, or request a hearing before an Administrative Judge of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).

Complaints may be filed by U.S. Mail, Federal Express, Hand Delivery, or via e-mail to:

Director, Office of Equal Employment Opportunity,
Diversity & Special Programs
Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency
800 N. Capitol Street, NW, Room 745
Washington, DC 20002
Phone: (202) 442-1680

E-mail complaint forms to:
Vern Best, Director



Employment Information

As a Federal agency with a local mission, CSOSA provides challenging work that affects the public safety of the neighborhoods in the District of Columbia.