Resources for:

Records: Tools

Back to Records Management


  • Standard Form 115, Request for Records Disposition Authority, is used by Federal agencies to obtain disposition authority from the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). It is generally used for unscheduled records.
  • Standard Form 135, Records Transmittal and Receipt, documents the physical transfer of records to the Federal Records Center.
  • Standard Form 258, Agreement to Transfer Records to the National Archives of the United States, is used by Federal agencies to transfer legal custody of permanent records to NARA.
  • National Archives Form 14097, Technical Description for Transfer of Electronic Records to the National Archives, is used by Federal agencies to transfer permanent electronic records to NARA.
  • Optional Form 11, Reference Request - Federal Records Centers, is used by Federal agencies to obtain reference service involving records they have stored in a Federal records center.


Key Bridge crossing Potomac River, Washington, DC

Employment Information

As a Federal agency with a distinctly local mission, CSOSA employees perform challenging work that directly affects public safety in the District of Columbia's neighborhoods.