6D CJAN Meeting: January 29, 2013
Sixth District Community Justice Advisory Network (CJAN) Meeting - "Re-entry Reflections"
|When:||Tuesday, January 29, 2013|
|Time:||6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.|
|Place:||Sixth District MPD Headquarters|
|100 - 42nd Street, NE - Community Room|
|Washington, DC 20019|
Testimonials of individuals who are and have overcome many of the challenges that confront individuals that have returned home from incarceration:
Guest speakers will present on how they overcame:
- The need to set realistic expectations.
- Being a victim of unrealistic family expectations.
- How they slipped, but succeeded in spite of themselves.
- The struggles to gain employment.
- The importance of a positive attitude.
For more information contact Lawrence Jordan, CSOSA's Community Relations Specialist assigned to the Sixth District, at (202) 220-5515.